Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Texas Brisket

Plan ahead...

This recipe is from one of the most influential women in my life.  She taught me about grace under pressure, and trusting Christ instead of asking Him "WHY".  
Thank you Miss Janelle :) 

Ingredients:
Brisket, brisket rub, tenderizer, liquid smoke

Instructions: Preheat oven to 200 Degrees
Rinse brisket, then with a grilling fork and puncture holes on both sides. 

Be generous with the tenderizer putting it on both sides of your brisket. Place your brisket fat side UP in your pan, and with your brisket rub COVER the fat side.  I mean COVER it up, I cannot even see the meat after I am done with the brisket rub. Pour the liquid smoke on top, cover with foil. Bake at 200 degrees for 12 hours.  


Sarcasm Note today comes from my husband: "this is so good I'd give one of the kids up for adoption to have more!"  

Don't forget the amazing potatoes on the site to accompany...


No comments:

Post a Comment