Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Gluten Free Potatoes and Sausage

As children our menu consisted of two choices: take it or leave it!  I have made things in the past, ok the present as well, that my family is not crazy about.  (esp since I have begun learning to cook Gluten Free) But you are going to at least give it a shot before you complain at my table.  This recipe is just 'naturally' gluten free, and by that I mean you don't have to buy special flours, gums, oats ect.  So meat & potatoes is definitely a TAKE IT meal for my boys! 


 Here is what you need:  2 Tablespoons olive oil, little gold potatoes, sausage of your choice, red pepper, green onion, salt, pepper, 1 cup water, & rosemary or thyme. (If you don't have one or the other, you meal is going to be fine without it)


 Just to speed things along, I wash the amount of potatoes my family will eat and place them in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, turn and cook another 1 1/2 minutes on the other side while I am preparing the other ingredients.
  
While your potatoes are in the microwave, cut your sausage, red bell pepper and onions.   I'd like to tell you an amount, but each simple ingredient is up to you and how many you are feeding and how much they like of one thing.    
When your potatoes are finished, place your 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a pan on a medium heat.  Dice your potatoes and place them along with the sausage in your pan.  Add I cup of water for the potatoes and sausage to steam.

Add salt and pepper to your liking, veggies on top, toss and cover.  Turn heat down to medium low and let steam until potatoes are tender.  Remove from burner, top with rosemary and serve.  I made a pan of gluten free cornbread to go along with this nice winter meal. 




So...isn't it pretty? My son devoured it, and when I found his plate in the sink it was covered in green onions and red bell pepper.  At least he didn't complain and chose his own method of "take it AND leave it".  


No comments:

Post a Comment