Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Gluten Free Banana Oat Muffins

These muffins are so quick and if you have ripe bananas can be made in about 3 minutes! 

 As I have stated before, I have Celiac Disease and am now eating Gluten Free.  My family is mostly eating gluten free; because I have chosen to continue to make their favorite recipes and alter what I can for myself.  I have had a great deal of difficulty learning about this "thing" called GLUTEN and this is actually a recipe that worked the FIRST time I tried it. 

Every ingredient I use is labeled gluten free and mostly purchased at our local Sprouts and health food stores.  Bob's Red Mill has been a literal life saver for me!  So enough jabber, let's get going:  

2 1/2 cups of oats
1 cup of plain low fat greek yogurt
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 ripe bananas 
1/2 tsp of vanilla  and a dash of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400, spray muffin tin with non stick spray, put all ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth.  Pour into tins and bake until golden brown on the top.  Makes about 18 muffins.  Told you it was easy!










 My daughter was dying to     have another bite!



I'm fat enough but I'm certain this would be great with frosting!  Let me know if you do that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment