Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Creamy Crunchy Chicken Pasta

I found this on a wonderful blog.The recipe is beautiful and tasty, but I took some short cuts because #1 I can and #2 I can.  The first one being that she has you dip the chicken in milk, then flour, then milk, then crunched cornflakes she crunched up in a blender. 
 I crushed 5 cups of cornflakes with my hands, combined the 1/2cups of flour with them---turned our the same!

Also her recipe called for pounding the breasts into thin pieces and fried them whole in a sauce pan.  My kids like extra crunchy stuff, so I took the 3 chicken breasts and cut them into thin strips instead.  Then dipped them first in the milk and then the flour-corn flake combo.  Popped them in the oven at 375 degrees until brown turning them once. 

Meanwhile....
I made the sauce with 
















2 Tablespoons of olive oil with a few corn flakes in a sauce pan along with Italian Philadelphia Cooking Creme, 2 cans cream of chicken soup,



 And finally 1 cup of mile and heat thoroughly to a slight bubble.

While the sauce is slowly heating up, and the chicken is in the oven, you can boil your pasta.  I prefer penne but bow tie is also great with this recipe.  When it is all finished plate with pasta, creme, chicken and creme again.  Serve with a salad and bread.  
Sarcasm Note:  I love it when I have prepared a great dish and there is no frozen garlic bread!

So I had to make my cheating standby I'll share with you now.
 I take frozen biscuits, spray a bundt pan and pop them in the oven until they can be pulled apart. 
 

 Pull them apart, and melt 2 tablespoon of butter and season it.  I use garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano.  Then, pour it over the biscuits and continue to bake until golden brown. 
 This is the outcome and they are soooo flaky and yummy you won't believe it!

Sarcasm Note:  The bundt pan makes them beautifully shaped and I'd never use anything else.  
(Actually I chose it because it was on top of the other pans)

No comments:

Post a Comment