Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Yukon Gold Baked Potato Salad

This "salad" can be served cold or hot, each member of my family has their own preference for how they like to eat it.  I like either :) 


Here is what you need:  12-14 Yukon gold potatoes, 8 strips of bacon, 3 green onions, 1/4 cup of mayo, 1/2 cup light sour cream, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to taste. 

I know Yukon Gold's do not have thick skin like a russet, but I have grown people in my house who act like I fed them hair if I leave the skins on.....therefore, I peel and boil my potatoes.

While they are boiling I fry the bacon, chop the green onions, and shred the cheddar. 

When the potatoes cool, add your mayo and sour cream to coat.
When you have them coated add your onions, bacon, cheese salt and pepper and serve. Like I said, it will be cool and you can serve it like that or heat in the microwave for those who like their cheese melted.  But this dish can be made ahead of time and served the following day or taken to a picnic ect.  ENJOY :)    
 **Sarcasm Note:  If you want to skip frying your own bacon, you can use artificial bacon bits.  I'm sure it would be just as good.





No comments:

Post a Comment