Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2013

Grilled PBJ

Never ever underestimate the 
power of a PBJ~!  

This recipe can be gluten free, or not.   
It completely depends on the bread you use. I used both.  I had made gluten free bread and I purchased potato bread due to its consistency and thickness.  
If you are going to make both gluten free and regular, make your GF first to keep from cross contaminating.   

So many wonderful women make their gluten free bread from scratch, mixing their flours and so forth.  I can do that... but this Gluten Free Pantry bread mix is really good and easy to make.

It is easier if you mix you peanut butter and jelly together if you are grilling. 

The peanut butter has enough oil in it that you do not need to butter your bread, but maybe add a little Pam or olive oil to your pan or griddle. I have this wonderful GE panini maker that according to my children, "makes a sandwich magic!" 

Just add your pbj mixture to both sides of the bread and go for it.  Above is potato bread, but it looks so much like the gluten free bread I make.  These sandwiches were scarfed up by the ladies in my Bible Study almost before I could get pictures; but served with a sliced bananas and a few grapes and you have a quick and easy meal.  Esp if you have some GF bread already made.  

Remember you can add bananas inside the magic sandwich, change up the type of jelly you use, and even add a little Nutella. 

No comments:

Post a Comment