Search This Blog

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Roast with Beans and Rice


This is another one of those recipes I almost hate to post because it is so simplistic and YOU come out looking like a chef in a superman cape.  I mean, who wouldn't want that? 
 
Here is what you need:  a roast of your choosing, 1 can rotel, 1 can pinto beans, 1 can ranch, salt and pepper to taste, 1/2 of an onion chopped,  2 cups uncooked white rice, 4-5 hungry people

Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. 
Place your roast in a roasting pan fat side up, make slits in fat and salt and pepper. 

Place onions in bottom of the pan, open all three cans, do NOT drain, dump on top of roast.
Cover, and cook for 6-7 hours. 
 

Cook rice just a few minutes prior to serving as directed on the box.   This recipe will make some of the BEST beans you have ever tasted.  The fat from the roast makes them so yummy! Some people in my family eat the bean and rice together, and my husband puts it all together and goes for it!
 
This is one of those recipes you can put in the oven mid - morning, and not do another thing it until it is time to eat.  I  serve this dish with a salad and it is always a hit!  I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does :)

No comments:

Post a Comment