Search This Blog

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Home Made Ranch Dressing Gluten Free

 I have Celiac Disease.  So sometimes when I get sick, I backtrack to see if I can discover the culprit.  On several occasions, I have had waiters put croutons on my salad, then take them off thinking it would be alright but I still got sick.   The other night at one of our favorite restaurants I asked for a salad with NO CROUTONS and a vinaigrette, but they put Ranch Dressing on my salad instead.  I hate sending food back so I just ate it.  I called the Hidden Valley Ranch company the next day and they confirmed that yes indeed, there can be traces of gluten found in their dressing.  But on their website the information on the label says it's "gluten free"?  
That's not confusing at all....

Just to be safe, because that is always the best policy, I decided to begin making my own.  You can make this easy recipe with a package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dry mix or you can make your own batch of seasonings as listed below.  (I am never certain about additives)

Here is all you need: 
2 cups of Greek Yogurt
1 cup of 2% milk
2 packages of Hidden Valley Ranch Mix OR:

4 Tbsp dried parsley
2  tsp dried dill
2  tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1  tsp dried basil
1  tsp pepper
2  tsp dried chives

  Whisk and chill!  After I made this batch, I mixed some buffalo sauce into some of it for a Super Bowl Party Veggie Tray.  It turned our fabulously
 One thing I do know....this IS GLUTEN FREE! 

GO BRONCOS

No comments:

Post a Comment