Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Gluten Free Pizza

Ok, so this is not really a recipe per say. But just a recommendation on a gluten free crust you can make at home.  I have tried A LOT of gluten free pizza crusts and they are not too bad; but I made Pamela's  crust today and I must say it was a nice blend of "sturdy" yet not too heavy.  I enjoy going out to eat pizza as much as the next person, but finding a gluten free place is crazy and their crusts are always like a really thin cracker - it is annoying really - and very expensive.  After I made this crust, and my family ate, my son said, "mom you are going to feel bad tonight aren't you?"  
NOPE BUDDY - I'm not!
 
Pamela's Pizza Crust Mix will make about a medium pizza with a decently thick crust. I laid it out on a large pizza pan, but did not roll it out thinly so we could have a thicker crust:
 
 When I rolled it out, I used brown rice flour to keep it from sticking. 
 I sprayed the pizza pan with olive oil and crimped the edges like a pie to hold a little
extra sauce, which my family enjoys.  (We prefer Prego for a tomato sauce)
After I spread on the Prego, we started raiding the fridge for the goodies!
Pepperoni, cheeses, onions, green peppers, jalapenos, mushrooms and all. 
Bake it at the recommended temp on the bag and enjoy a beautiful
Gluten Free Pizza at home...
 
It always thrills me to go to West Crist Pizza and pay $20 for a gluten free crust
that has the consistency of a saltine cracker. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment