Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

You will never believe this one! Left over roast recipe...

As I have stated before...I LOVE it when I purchase ingredients and someone eats it before I can cook.  I was going to make calzones and a group of boys I shall not mention, but their leader's name rhymes with Tacob, ate the mozzarella and pepperonis. So with two loaves of bread already risen, and rolled, what am I to do? MAKE SOMETHING UP (or throw a fit)


No one was home to see or hear my fit so I chose to make          something up, no need to waste a good fit!



I had made roast the night before so I gave this a shot and it turned out edible.  I'm not saying it's the best recipe I've ever made but it really turned out better than expected.  So here we go, I had laid out two loaves of frozen bread earlier in the day and when they rose I rolled them out as above.

Then I took, left over roast cut in small pieces, chopped onion to taste, mushrooms chopped, bell pepper, a small potato thin, thin, thinly sliced, and hot sauce of choice to taste and laid it down the center of my dough.  I then seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.   Top with cheese of choice.  Cut 1 1/2 inch strips at an angle along each side of your mixture and begin laying them across your mixture to cover.  It will leave some gaps and that is just fine! I baked it at 400 degrees until it was brown...









Here is the end result.  I served it with baked beans and a salad, along with some brown gravy for dipping if my family so chose. (and we are from the south so they chose!)  To make it I used the juice from the roast, with a little salt and pepper, water and flour in a skillet heated to desired thickness.  Apparently, this was a big hit!  Or everyone ate it because they knew I was mad....

**Sarcasm note- this was a catastrophic success!

No comments:

Post a Comment