Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2011

Spicy Chicken and Shrimp Penne


Put your water on to boil and cook your penne as directed!
As you may have noticed if you follow my blog at all, I cook by taste and not much by measurements.  So I will do my best to add those here as it is necessary for this dish.  Take 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes or 8 sun dried tomatoes, 3-4 chopped green onions, 3 cloves of chopped garlic, and place in a sauce pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.  Add 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp ground pepper, and 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of red pepper depending on how spicy you want it.

Once you have sauted the veggies, add a 12 oz can of evaporated milk and the above secret ingredient, Santa Fe Blend Philadelphia cooking cream.  Blend constantly until the cream is melted over a medium low heat.
 
It should look like this!  YUMMY.  Next, you want to add 2 cups of Mexican Style shredded cheese and not until it is melted do you add your meat.

I cheated, (sarcasm note:  and I feel so guilty about it) I added a bag of precooked chicken breasts and diced it up after the cheese was melted and BEFORE the sauce began to thicken.

I also bought precooked shrimp for my seafood loving boys and they added it accordingly to the final dish.

When the sauce begins to thicken, turn it off and get ready to serve over your penne pasta and a beautiful salad.

It NEVER fails, every time I plate a meal and want to take a picture for blog, some BOY takes it and begins to eat.  So you will have to just take my word for it, this is a beautiful and colorful dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment