Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Peppered Turkey Tetrazzini - Gluten Free

This recipe is gluten free and taken from the cookbook, "Gluten Free Makeovers" by Beth Hillson.  The only difference I made is that I purchased peppered turkey breasts from the store; it doesn't make it hot but gives an extra little kick.

Here is what you need:  2 cups peppered turkey breasts, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, 3 green onions with tops chopped, 2 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms, 1 cup gluten free chicken broth, 3 Tablespoons dry sherry, 1/4 cup cream, 2 Tablespoons cornstarch mixed with the chicken broth, 8-10 oz of gluten free spaghetti, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.


Dice your turkey
I keep chicken broth concentrate in the fridge and McCormick brand is gluten free.  It is so easy using 1 teaspoon per cup of water; and I think it has a better flavor than the can version.
Dice your green onions and mushrooms.  My family is NOT big on the mushroom, so I only used 1 1/2  cups of very finely chopped mushrooms so they didn't notice :) 
Mix your cornstarch with 1/4 cup broth and set aside.
Put your water on to boil and add your gluten free spaghetti.  Cook as directed.
With one tablespoon olive oil in a skillet, on a medium heat, add your diced turkey, onions, and mushrooms until your onions are transparent and soft.  

        Add the cornstarch mixture, dry sherry, and cream to turkey and stir to thicken. I used a lot more cream, because I can....BOOM!













































































































                      


      



Turn off heat, add the pasta, and place in a greased casserole dish. Top with Parmesan cheese and place in oven on broil until golden brown. (I'm not going to lie, I added a few cuts of butter to the top because I like the way it blends with the cheese to brown)
The recipe says it serves four, I think 5 is safe especially if you are serving with a nice salad and garlic bread. (I had some gluten free bread for myself, and for the boys garlic toast. They REALLY liked this recipe and asked I make it again SOON)  


Sarcasm Note Today:  (Brought to you by the lady at Wal-mart)
"Too many clowns, not enough circuses".  Totally agree...









No comments:

Post a Comment