Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

One Pot Gluten Free Chicken Pasta

There are many 'one pot' recipes on the internet like this.  But when I am making gluten free I prefer a little extra flavor.  Not that gluten free means "not flavorful"; but when you are making recipes for those who are gluten free due to disease, and not choice, you want to put your best foot forward.  (Or spoon)

Here is what you need:

1 package of Cadia Brown Rice Spaghetti  (use about 12 oz)
1 pkg of pre-cut chicken fajita meat- cut into smaller bites or 1 boiled chicken breast
24 cherry tomatoes cut in two pieces
2 cloves of garlic chopped
2 green onions chopped (top and bottom)
Red pepper and salt to taste
1 cup chicken broth
2 1/2 cups water
2 T olive oil
3 oz cream cheese
 

Put it everything in a low pan EXCEPT THE CREAM CHEESE.  I know, my picture has it in there. (my bad)  Now, bring to a boil on a high heat. Once it begins to boil you need to continually stir the pasta from the bottom of the pan for about 9-10 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed and pasta is tender.  I do turn the heat down to a high simmer and not keep a rolling boil going because it sticks.  Then, while it is hot stir in the cream cheese until melted.
 
Serve immediately maybe with a nice fresh spinach and vinaigrette. And I always have some gluten free bread handy so I cut it and pop it in the oven with butter and garlic powder.   
Quick & easy, like child labor.
(Maybe not)
  
I have to learn NOT to SAY, "supper is ready" before I get one last picture....GEEZ

No comments:

Post a Comment