Search This Blog

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Easy fresh corn and squash dish

I always have a garden.  I have had one now for 17 years and I love it!  (at first anyway)  Yet, I must confess toward the end of summer, after I have made every squash and zucchini dish known to man,  if I am out spraying weeds I MIGHT (or MIGHT NOT) accidentally hit the squash and zucchini plants with roundup.   I mean when your neighbors won't even answer their doors for fear it is you with more zucchini it's time to give it up! But after all of these years, I found a dish I love.  When it is easy, fresh, healthy, gluten free and uses some of your garden how can you go wrong?

Here is what you will need:  4 ears of corn, 2 zucchini, 1/4 cup red and green bell pepper, salt and pepper to taste.  Garlic and jalapeno if desired.

Take 4 ears of corn and shuck those little things!  It's so fun to do and relaxing right?  (sarcasm)

Cut the corn off of the cob and place it in a skillet with your other vegetables

I used red and green bell peppers from my garden, about 1/4 cup each finely chopped.  I also added seeded jalapenos from my garden but you don't have to do that.  Finally I put in big chunks of my zucchini, about 2.  Then add 1/4 cup of water and cover until zucchini is soft.  It is a beautiful dish and goes well with any meat grilled or otherwise.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment