Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Creamy Chicken Pockets and Baked Broccoli

Ingredients:  
2 cups cooked chicken, 3 oz softened cream cheese, 3 T melted butter, 4 T cream of chicken soup, 1/4 cup of chives, salt and pepper to taste.  (I am cooking for boys so I added a medium cooked potato)  & 2 cans of crescent rolls 

Directions:  
Chop the chicken into small bits, add remaining ingredients and get ready to load the crescents!  I have a magic way to roll them that I will share with ONLY you...
So, you lay out your crescent and place some of the mixture at the wide end.  Then take that little point and wrap it around the mixture toward you. Then...
Take the edge furthest away from you and place it over the mixture so that you only have the one point left closest to you.  Then....
Close that bad boys up and lay it folded side down on a greased cookie sheet.
 
This is the best broccoli ever...
All you do is pull it apart, lay it on a piece of foil.  Sprinkle with olive oil,
and some lemon juice and salt and pepper. 

Bake both at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until your pockets are golden brown.
(Serve with a little fresh corn and you have a great and well rounded meal)


Sarcasm Note:  I love it when I have a meal planned and something is gone because one of my boys ate it.  I mean I LOVE IT when that happens.  **Notice there are only 8 pockets and NOT 16 for lack of crescents! 







1 comment: