Search This Blog

Friday, October 3, 2014

Gluten Free Taco Seasoning

Well HELLO MY TEN FOLLOWERS!  It has been a while and for that I am very sorry.  (yes, that was sarcasm)  It has been a wonderful summer and a busy August/September.  The oldest moved home from Nashville months ago with all of his stuff, and got his own place only two weeks ago.  The middle, moved into her own place in September while we stored all of her things until then.  She is at TCU, but many of here things are still here.  The youngest left in July lock, stock and barrel for college; so I have an empty nest, sort of.   I feel like I should install one of those rotating doors, because I know one of them, at some point, will come back.  
WITH ALL OF THEIR STUFF. 

In all of the chaos, I found myself going out to eat a lot.   I was "glutened" day after day and have found myself feeling worse and worse.  I must get back on track.  I restocked all of my flours today, mixed up all combinations for recipes and bought spices for my taco seasoning. Now, there is a NEW McCormick® Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning Mix but I prefer making this blend on my own.  (You probably have all the spices you need at hand).  This recipe will make about 24 ounces and fill 1and 1/2 - 16 oz mason jars.  
It is such a beautiful color! 




14 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
4 teaspoons of garlic powder 
4 teaspoons of onion powder 
3- 4 teaspoons of red pepper flakes or more if you like it spicy 
4 teaspoons of oregano 
4 Tablespoons of papricka 
9 Tablespoons of cumin
4 Tablespoons of salt 
4 Tablespoons of ground black pepper 

Mix together and store in a baggie or mason jar with lid closed tightly. After I cook my meat and drain, I sprinkle about 4 Tablespoons of my mix on top along with 1/4 cup of water.  
If you like more spice, add more!  

"See you guys soon!"  





No comments:

Post a Comment