Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Baked Coconut Chicken

Being Gluten free is a difficult when you would just like to have some crispy chicken!  No quick panko breadcrumbs or flour unless you use gluten free versions and at the time of this recipe, I did not.  So, I used what I did have and it turned out wonderfully and quite tasty if I do say so myself.

All you need is:  3-4 chicken breasts cut in half end to end to make them thinner, about 1/2 cup of coconut, and 3 Tablespoons of coconut oil.  Preheat your oven to 300 degrees as you chicken is really thin.  This is so quick and easy it's crazy!

Put your coconut in a food processor to make it really ground up like bread crumbs


Cut your chicken from one end to the other make two thin pieces out of it.

while your oven is preheating, put your coconut oil in the pan you will be using, and after it is melted coat the top of your chicken with the melted oil and then your coconut.  Cook at 300 degrees until the coconut is toasted.  With the chicken being so thin, it is well cooked by the time your coconut is browned. 

I just served with a brown rice, nice green salad and my quick gluten free cheese rolls. 


No comments:

Post a Comment